I asked our store manager last night if she is aware of anything that our company offers to help offset the costs of adoption. She said that she doesn't know, but that there is someone who would - unfortunately that person is not going to be in until Monday morning.
She also said that if there isn't a company program, she would be willing to write to corporate and ask for the help for me as a type of associate assistance grant. I hadn't thought of that. She had a very good point, too - she said, "The worst they can do is say 'no'." How true. If they say no, I've lost nothing, but if they say yes, I've gained some much-needed financial help!!
I also got the impression that she would be willing to try and do something to help at the store level. She didn't come right out and say it, but she kinda hinted at it. If it comes to that, I'd have to make a big decision. I wasn't planning to tell more than 3 or 4 people at work - just those who have been praying for me for quite a long time now - and if I did agree to a store-level thing, it might become public before I'm ready for that.
I am in no way embarrassed or wanting to keep the adoption a secret, I just plan to wait until we're further along in the process to let the whole world know about it.