Saturday, May 06, 2006

Bloodwork Results

I got my results for some of my bloodwork yesterday. Unfortunately not all of it, but what I got was good info for me. I wish I had always gotten this much information from doctors. My total cholesterol is a little high, and my LDL is also high. My triglycerides, HDL, and VLDL are all within normal ranges, as is my glucose fasting. That's all good, as far as I'm concerned. They recommend a repeat cholesterol screening in one year. In all, it's actually better than I had expected. Now I'm just waiting for the other results (thyroid especially) to see where we go from that.

My second doctor's appointment (was it only a week ago?) was not as productive as the first, and yet it was also moreso. It seemed to go very fast, and the doctor said that he did test for thyroid and a few other things (he said he tested for things that he could change) a few years ago, but I know for a fact that the only blood tests I had were at the time of my m/c. So when would they have had a chance to do these tests? And why would they do them then? I just don't know, but he said they were done and that they came back in normal ranges.

The big upside is, they made me an appointment at the University of Michigan Center for Reproductive Medicine - one of the best in the state.

I just have to talk to my PCP to ask him to confirm the referral. I also have to find out how it's going to work out that my ob/gyn doesn't participate with my insurance! I didn't find that out until I was leaving the appt. I never even thought about the fact that they might not participate with my insurance. The thing that confuses me the most about it is this: my ob is part of the Gratiot Health System, which is an affiliate of Mid-Michigan Health. Mid-Michigan Health participates with my insurance, but Gratiot Health Systems does not. Wouldn't the affiliates participate with the same insurances that their affiliation participates with? I don't get it. I just hope that when I get the bill (and I'm sure I'll get one) that the insurance covered most of it. It is disappointing, since I'll have to stop going to that doctor and (aside from this one visit) we've always had a good doctor/patient relationship.

No comments: