Saturday, January 15, 2005

More Automotive Frustrations

I really do detest cold weather. I was born and brought up in warm climates, where the coldest it gets (on average) is around 40 degrees (Farenheit). When I was six my Christmas dress was a pinafore-style dress, with straps across the back and a bib front. We were in the Phillippines that year. I've lived in Michigan for 11 1/2 years now, and I still am not used to the cold. I don't think I ever will get used to it.

Our "good" car, the Grand Prix that I used to drive before Jon's car got crunched, is having door issues. It already had door issues, because the door handle is broken on the driver's side and that door will only open from the inside. But for the past three days, because it's been so very cold, the passenger side door has frozen shut. We are paranoid about breaking the door handle (understandably - these are weak handles) and therefore simply pulling on it is out. We tried the hot water thing, which works to an extent, but leaves you still with a frozen door because it is water after all. I even sprayed windshield de-icer into it, which helped last night but not this morning.
All this fighting with the door has left me very sore. My arms ache from trying to find new ways to pull on a door. My back aches from the pulling. My head aches from listening to Jon complain about the stupid car. All this aching leaves me tired, more tired than before (and I was already quite exhausted for some unknown reason).
I sure hope it warms up soon... this is getting ridiculous. According to weather.com, our 10-day forecast shows that the highest it will be for the next 10 days is 29 degrees, and we will have to wait over a week for it to get that "warm". Ugh.

No comments: