Saturday, January 22, 2005

Home alone

I really don't like being home alone. I can deal with it, but it is hard for me. I've always been a people person, and don't like being alone at all.
Jon had to go to his brother's house for the weekend. I understand why, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. He's getting something fixed on his car (the one I fixed the door handle on) and he's talking to his dad about the runaround the insurance company is giving us for the car that will be totalled.
To top it off, it snowed last night and today. Snowed a lot. I had to blaze a trail out of the driveway to go to work this morning, and blaze a new one tonight when I got home. The wind is really blowing a lot so it's drifting really high. I am hoping and praying that I will be able to get out of the driveway again tomorrow evening when I have to go to work again! Today I got out at 8pm and tomorrow I don't even go in until 6pm. I'll be there until nearly 11:30, so hopefully the driveway won't be a big mess for me. Luckily work is very understanding about snowstorms (some people no-call/no-showed, but they won't get in trouble for it) so if I have to call in tomorrow it won't be a big deal - except for the money I'll be missing out on.
I hope when Jon gets back we are able to pick up our snowblower from layaway... we could really use it right about now!

No comments: