Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I'm going to beat someone senseless someday...

Or maybe they're senseless already and that's why I'm so frustrated!

I work in the deli department. A large portion of my job is slicing up various meats and cheeses for customers. For reasons that I may never understand, 95% of customers are EXTREMELY thick-headed when I ask for clarification on how thick or thin they want their slices to be!

There is no such designation as shaved - nor do I have a setting on my slicer for slivered, chipped, deli thin, sandwich thin, average, medium, etc. We have a chart with numbers corresponding to various thicknesses for a reason. Our slicers have dials with NUMBERS on them to indicate the how thick the slice will come out. When I ask you to clarify what you mean by "shaved" by using a number, don't look at me like I'm the idiot and repeat that you want it shaved. Doing so is likely to cause me to do a piss-poor job with your request, since you did a piss-poor job of telling me what you really wanted. PICK A DAMN NUMBER!

And please, for the love of anything you wish to love, please don't ask me to shred your meat. That's why you have a food processor and/or a blender. Shred it yourself. I have better things to do, like throw things at the customers who insist that they want their meat "shaved".

No comments: