Saturday, June 03, 2006

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?

I sure hope not!!!
But there's a chance, and I hope I'm wrong. My right hand has been bothering me a lot lately. It goes painfully numb and very cold at the slightest provocation. You know how sometimes if you lean on your hand it will go to sleep? Lately my hand has gone numb if I just THINK about leaning on it. Any time I use the computer for more than a few minutes - it's gone. It happens a lot at work (cash register) and while I'm knitting, too. Those three combined (computer, cash register, and knitting) are what leads me to fear that I'm developing carpal tunnel. Razz
I'm going to call the doctor's office tomorrow (I love having insurance and a PCP!) to see if they've got any openings for Tuesday. If they're not open tomorrow I'll have to call Monday. For now, I've got an old brace from when I sprained my wrist a few years ago, and I'm wearing that to knit and use the computer. So far it's helping with the computer work, although it is making it a pain to type. Haven't tried it for knitting yet but I'm going to as soon as I'm done here. I'm debating whether to wear it to work tomorrow... I don't want people making a big deal about it, but I don't want my hand going numb, either.

No comments: