Monday, March 21, 2005

The Good, the Bad, and the Nasty

I actually had a good weekend. Only a little of it was bad. But I'll start with the bad, include the nasty with that even though I only found out about it today, and go to the good at the end.

The bad is my former friend. Former BEST friend to be exact. The same one who sent me the email about the fact that she feels as if I am spending her money because I owe her money.
I was supposed to make a two hour drive (one way) to have dinner for her birthday. This was something I had agreed to, despite the fact that I did not really want to go because my husband was not invited. I feel (and several people have already agreed with me) that if my husband is not invited, then I am truly not invited either. Plus, I would have had to drive back home, by myself and in the dark, Saturday night because I had to work on Sunday morning. So looking forward to this dinner party I was not. Fate and God were on my side, since it started snowing very late Friday night and by Saturday morning was a true blizzard. There was no way I could go. The weather was just too bad and was only supposed to get worse. I called to wish her a happy birthday and to apologize for not being able to make it, and she proceeded to yell and cry at me that I was ruining her birthday by staying home.
It was not just me. My sister and her family were visiting at our house for the weekend, and they were also planning to attend this dinner. Some last minute information had made it so that my sister truly did not wish to go as well (she found out only after she was at my house that an aging cocker spaniel would be running around loose in the house - not too bad unless you remember that my sister has a 17-month-old who has never been around dogs and this dog has not spent much time with toddlers). Since she was at my house, and the weather concerns were hers as well, they also decided not to go. They also decided that it was not safe for them to go home on Saturday, which was their original plan since they live close to the city where the dinner party was to be held.
My former friend, even after being told that the roads here were impassable and that we could not go, faulted ALL of us for not going. Even my sister and BIL, who have a small child to think about! It was apparently something that we were all doing against her personally. Her attitude in all of this has lost her not one, not two, but three friends and a potential friend in my neice (who isn't old enough to decide yet). She also apparently agrees that we should no longer be friends since all of us have been removed from her friends list on Live Journal.

The nasty is that she hates my husband. Apparently she always has. I found this out today. She posted in a forum that she has always hated him since before we were married and would like to run him over with a truck. As you can imagine, I am very hurt by this as she has never said to me in any way that she dislikes him at all, let alone that she hates him this much.

After all that sadness though, it truly was a good weekend. I had a Petra party at my house, and several people came. I also got enough orders to get $120 in credit for free things! Free is always good. My sister was able to be here for it, which made me very happy. She came up on Thursday and stayed all weekend. Friday we went and got my neice's photograph taken at Wal-Mart. Right now they have a special going on that includes tie-on angel wings, which is what we really wanted. So we got those and picked out a couple of the other poses as well. I'm really looking forward to getting those back.
Saturday was the day of the bad weather. We did end up going to the grocery store to pick up a few things, since we hadn't planned on eating dinner at home that day and needed food. When we went to the store, we were so glad we weren't going any further, because the roads were truly quite horrible. After coming back home, we had sandwiches for lunch and pretty much just hung out for the rest of the day. I made hotdogs and mac & cheese for dinner, with tater tots and peas on the side. After dinner I cleaned the kitchen while everyone else watched Star Wars (we have the DVDs). When that was over we played a DVD game (the one where you shout at the television screen), and after that game we played several hands of UNO. By this point we were all getting tired, and I had to work on Sunday morning, so we went to bed.
Sunday morning I got up and went to work, and my sister & BIL and neice came to see me on my lunch break. They were on their way out of town, so it was nice to be able to see them again before they left. After work on Sunday I had rehearsal for the show I got a part in, and after that Jon & I went to Bennigan's to eat.

Overall, despite the nasties, it was a good weekend.

No comments: