Thursday, November 18, 2004

Ouch!!

My little sister had to move back home with our Mum. Today I was helping her move some things when I punctured my hand on a rusty nail that was sticking out of her pampazaan chair. It hurt A LOT. And, bled quite a bit too. My mum insisted that I needed to have a tetanus shot, since it's been 12 years since I had one. I didn't really want one (I'm not a big fan of needles), but I agreed because the nail was gross, and because my sister didn't get that chair brand-new but from a yard sale. So basically, who knows where it's been.
But, since the puncture is right below my finger, in the fleshy padding at the top of my palm, bandaging it up means that my finger is always partially straight. Funny irony - it's my middle finger. I feel like I'm flicking people off sometimes because I can't close my hand. I've got to keep it covered and moist (with antibacterial ointment) until it heals. I'm also supposed to soak it 2-3 times per day and wash it with warm soapy water several times daily.

This also makes typing very difficult, so I'm not going to be around on FF much for the next few days at least. I hope to be feeling better soon.

1 comment:

~Tanya~ said...

Your right Ouch! Sorry but this is kinda funny! LOL!!!
Well the part about feeling like you are flipping the bird to everyone. Hope it heals soon, very bad spot to have a boo-boo. Is it your dominant hand? Thay would be even harder to manage with. ***Healing Vibes***