Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Too long between email sessions....

So I discovered today that it had been WAY TOO LONG since I'd been into my email. I had over 300 messages in my inbox, and over 4000 in my junk box! Thank God the weather is much cooler today than it has been - I have been online for over two hours just wading through the messages in the inbox. I hope there is nothing important in the junk box, because there is just NO WAY I am going to wade through that as well.

Not much going on around here. I made a new website for the baby I lost - the link to it is under one of my TTC after Loss blinkies in my FF siggy. There's not much to it though - it is through a site for memorial websites, but they are geared towards people who lived (outside the womb) before they died. There are spots for others to comment on how this person touched their lives, and for photos, and things along that line. I did put some things in, like a timeline, but I haven't put the u/s photo I have up yet.
I finished my first round of Clomid - "good" BD timing but still no pregnancy. It's okay though. I have a sense of peace over it all, and I have good feelings that this dosage of Clomid will work, within the 6 month timeframe my doc set out. I am hoping that this month will be our month! If not, we have a month to save up for monitoring during the final round of Clomid. If we do not get pg on this, my doc will refer me to someone else who will prescribe Femara. He isn't comfortable prescribing it yet, but has colleages who will and has no problem referring patients out. The last time I saw him, he said, "There are doctors out there who know more than me." I thought it was a great thing for a doctor to say.

I've been reading up a storm this summer - I've probably read about 30 books since the middle of June. It's been great - I love to read and had actually forgotten the joy of going to the library for a stack of books. Now I try to get to the library at least once a week, and check out a number of books on only a few different things. I enjoy reading Fantasy novels, and have checked out books of poetry, some general fiction, and a couple of crochet/knitting pattern books. I also checked out Taking Charge of Your Fertility, and while I found it interesting, I didn't really get much more out of it than I had already gotten from FF. The only real new information to me from the book was the different types of CM - FF just has a few, and TCOYF has about three different categories in each type that FF lists. I don't think I'll buy the book (it had been on a wish list in the past) but I will probably check it out again and re-read it to see if I change my mind again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Helen Page and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

I am 30 years old. I have taken for 3 months. My progesterone level after my first dose of Clomid was 65 so I knew that I had ovulated. Couldn't try the second cycle on it because my husband went out-of-town while I was O'ing, go figure. Hoping it worked this month!!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Mood swings, increased appetite, hot flashes, increased pain during ovulation, abdominal pain, mild but infrequent headaches. Also, I used to be on a consistent 28 day cycle, but I think Clomid might have lengthened it as I'm now on a 31-32 day cycle.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Helen Page