Well, it's been a year since I posted, and much has changed while everything seems the same. I'm going to get back into blogging slowly, so today's is a crafty post.
I'm working on a Crochet-A-Long (CAL) on Ravelry. We're making blankets/afghans that are crazy quilts of colors and patterns. Each person's is inspired by a single pattern, but each of us is making a very different blanket. Here is the beginning of mine:
I started with 5 rows of hdc:
I rolled it up and it made a nice little roll (little being relative - it is about 5 inches across at the longest point). This roll makes it easier to transport and less likely to tangle among itself. It's approximately 10 feet long.
Next I did a chevron section. It went well in the main pattern section, but the edges came out a little wonky. There will be more chevron sections, so hopefully I can figure out my edging by then.
Here's a look at the edge. Ideally, I want the greens to be equal and the purple to be no larger than its role in the rest of the segment. Obviously, that didn't happen in this case, but it didn't bother me enough to make me pull it out and start over.
As you can see in the edge photo, I've moved on from that chevron pattern to another section of hdc. I'm going to be putting 4-row hdc spacer sections between each of the stitch pattern sections. Some stitch pattern sections will be wider than others, and I hope to bust a lot of stash with this blanket.