Sunday, January 04, 2009

Goals for 2009

Who needs resolutions? These are my goals for 2009. They're things that I'm going to work on, not changes I expect to make overnight. Hopefully by the end of the year, I will have accomplished some and made progress on the rest.

1. Regular trips to Goodwill. We have so much JUNK in this house that needs to GO. I want to make regular trips to Goodwill to get rid of it. Once a month would be a good start. Also, getting rid of even a little bit of the extra stuff in our house will help with my next goal...

2. Keep our bedroom picked up. I want it to be a sanctuary, not a place with a bed in the middle of a pile of clutter. Right now we can't get to either dresser or the closet - we're living out of laundry baskets because they are accessible. What's the point of owning dressers if you can't use them??

3. Find ways to move EXTRA each day. I have a habit of counting my running around at work as "exercise" even though I shouldn't, simply because I'm tired when I get home. Yesterday I spent ten minutes dancing around the living room with Buddy. It was a ton of fun and I would have loved to have done more, but I was out of breath after only three songs (and only part of that can be blamed on the bronchitis - I'm way out of shape!).

4. Be a better blogger. I feel so uninteresting 99% of the time that I don't blog nearly as often as I feel I should. My goal is once a week - maybe I'll do a weekly Buddy update as a start, and move on to other things.

5. Get to church more often. I'm not going to set a goal of going every week because frankly, that's not going to happen right now. But from not going at all to going once a month is a fair goal. After all, what's the point of me taking every Sunday off if I'm not going to go to church sometimes?

No comments: