Thursday, December 04, 2008

We Have a Tree!

Despite our having talked about it at length last Christmas, I wasn't sure that we would get our new tree this year. But it went on sale for Black Friday, saving us $10 on the cost of the tree (my discount would have only saved us $3.50), so we got it. I cleaned out the area where it was to go and set it up. I did no shaping, nor do we have many ornaments (I have one that I inherited from my grandmother, one of Jon's that we found on a shelf, and five Coke bottles that are round to look like ornaments - none of which are on the tree in these pictures), but we have a tree up, and that is enough to make me happy (at least as far as the tree is concerned). As we receive them, I am also putting our Christmas cards into the tree. It's a really neat look, and I'll have to take a picture of the tree with all of the cards in it right before we take them all down.


With a toddler in the house, he's in nearly all of the pictures I take. I figured at least one of them should be intentional!

No comments: